The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Love, Heartbreak, and Patriotism: Carrie Underwood

Carrie+Underwood
USA TODAY
Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood is a female country singer and songwriter who rose to fame after winning the fourth season of American Idol in 2005. Since then, she has made an empire of fans and became the most beloved female country singer in the world.

Underwood was born on March 10th, 1983 in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Her father worked at a paper mill and her mother was a school teacher. Her parents were also farmers. Underwood got her love of singing from church and the school plays she performed in.

Underwood’s music career began with the release of her first single, “Inside Your Heaven,” on June 14, 2005. The song debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. Her first album “Some Hearts” debuted in November of 2005. Since then Underwood has won multiple Country Music Awards and Grammys. Underwood has accumulated over 85 Billboard number-ones. She has had 16 singles top the Billboard Country Airplay, and 14 singles top the Hot Country Songs. Underwood has the longest streak of top 10 promoted singles from a career’s start on the Hot Country Songs chart at 27. Her latest album “Denim & Rhinestones” was released in 2022, and won Favorite Country Album of the year. Carrie Underwood has not mentioned any new music for this year.