The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Summer Activities to do this Year, Number One!

Go See the Breathtaking Grand Canyon
Image from Google Images
Sunset from the Grand Canyon!

There are many things you can do over your summer vacation, but one of the things you must see is the Grand Canyon in Northern Arizona. This 227 mile long canyon provides amazing scenery to natives and tourists. The Canyon is a natural formation of layered red rock. The Canyon is vast in size, it averages 10 miles across and a mile deep. Over time much of the Canyon is now a national park, with the Colorado River white water rapids running through. The Canyon is also quite deep as well, estimating at about 6,001 feet. If you have a fear of heights though the Grand Canyon has an elevation that spans from 2,000 to 8,000 feet, this can also affect the temperature so make sure you pack some warm clothes. 

If you are thinking of visiting the Grand Canyon, you might want to go see it soon because in a few years it might not be the same as it is slowly changing due to the wind rain and the Colorado wind flowing through. There are many things to do once you get to the Grand Canyon, you can hike trails and even raft of the Colorado River, or if you don’t feel like hiking or swimming, you can watch the sunset cause there is nothing better than the Grand Canyon sunset.

Whenever you decide to go to see the Grand Canyon, it doesn’t matter what you do as long as you just take in the views that it has to offer.