The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Student Spotlight: Hannah’s Shares on Key Club Achievements

Hannah tells us about her favorite clubs and college interests.

Hannah Ramundo 

Key Club

Hannah is a member of the Key Club, House Council, National Honors Society, Model UN, and yearbook. She’s extremely involved in the school, and works very efficiently. 

She can feel overwhelmed at times, but always finds a way to work around it. 

When she puts her mind to something, she’ll do it. 

Hannah: Key Club is my favorite club. I love helping others and being an active member of the community. Through Key Club I feel like I’m making a difference, even if it’s small. I’m the secretary so I have a role in helping out club run and I love having the responsibility. Key Club is an outlet to where you can meet and help so many people. A couple weeks ago our club helped make 10,700 meals through Meals of Hope in less than 3 hours. Key club is definitely the type of club I’ll continue to be part of throughout college. 

High school student members of Key Club perform acts of service in their communities, such as cleaning up parks, collecting clothing and organizing food drives. They also learn leadership skills by running meetings, planning projects and holding elected leadership positions at the club, district and international levels. Key Club hopes to prepare its members for useful citizenship. It works in collaboration with school principals to create well rounded individuals.

Key Club is a service organization for students. The club hopes to encourage leadership through service. Key Club offers a huge variety of service activities. Such as vocational guidance, college scholarships, study abroad opportunities and many more. They even partner with UNICEF. 

Hannah is currently a senior and is doing a lot to prepare for college. She’s looking into colleges such as University of Florida, FSU, and University of Notre Dame.