The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Drink Showdown: Chai Tea Latte

Image from Google.com
Starbucks Chai Tea Latte and Dunkin’ Chai Tea Latte

This week on The Drink Showdown, I tested out Chai Tea Lattes. I had a great time testing and comparing these two drinks. In my opinion, there is a clear winner.

Starbucks:

At Starbucks they offer the Chai Tea Latte. They provide a wide range of customization options including the drink size, hot or iced, various milk options, and the amount of ice, as well as many other options. The sizes include a tall, which is 12 oz.  for $4.65, a grande which is 16 oz. for $5.45, and a venti, which is 24 oz. for $5.65. The Chai Tea Latte is one of my favorite drinks to order, and my favorite way to order it is with oat milk and a shot of espresso. The drink was a well-mixed and when I asked for light ice they listened. Overall, I would rate this drink a 10/10. 

Dunkin’: 

Dunkin’ offers a Chai Tea Latte. They also offer customization options such as the drink size, the amount of ice, hot or iced, and many milk options. They offer 3 different sizes including a small which is 16 oz. for $4.49, a medium which is 24 oz. for $4.89, and a large which is 32 oz. for $5.09. Dunkin’s version of this drink has a lot thicker of consistency compared to Starbucks. I found this drink to taste more like plastic and not as real as the Starbucks version, but it all comes down to personal preference. Overall, I would rate this a 5/10 because it did not taste as good and was a much thicker consistency.

Overall, I enjoyed the Starbucks Chai Tea Latte more than the Dunkin’ Chai Tea Latte. Starbucks is at a higher price point but does offer a much better and more consistent drink. The Dunkin’ drink is not something I would choose to order again. I think Starbucks is much more consistent with the taste and quality of their drinks and is definitely worth the extra money.