The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Drink Showdown: Hot Chocolate

Starbucks vs Dunkin’
Image from Google.com
Starbucks and Dunkin’ Hot Chocolate

This week on The Drink Showdown, I tested out Hot Chocolate. This was definitely a fun week, because how different can Hot Chocolate be?

Starbucks:

At Starbucks they offer a few variations of Hot Chocolate including Peppermint Hot , Peppermint White Hot Chocolate, and White Hot Chocolate. The sizes include a Kids/Short 8 oz., a Tall 12 oz., a Grande 16 oz., and a Venti 20 oz. The Hot Chocolate was very good and is always a great option to get on a cold day. Starbucks offered the Hot Chocolate at “kids temp” so when I got the drink, it wasn’t too hot to drink. Overall, I would rate this drink a 10/10 as it is hard to mess up Hot Chocolate. 

Dunkin’: 

Dunkin’ offers Hot Chocolate as well. They only offer original Hot Chocolate, but they do also offer it frozen, which is also delicious. Dunkin’ offers a Small which is 10 oz., a Medium that is 14 oz., a Large 20 oz., and an Extra-Large 24 oz. Their Hot Chocolate was just as good as the Starbucks one, but maybe a little sweeter. They do not offer you the option to choose your temperature, but after about 5 minutes, it was perfect. I would also rank this drink a 10/10, because it tasted very similar to the Starbucks one.

Overall, I enjoyed both Hot Chocolates and wouldn’t say one was better than the other. Starbucks is at a higher price point, you can’t go wrong with either of the company’s take on this classic drink, but if you are wanting to save a little money, Dunkin’ is the way to go.