The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Service Spotlight

Key Club – Naples Half Marathon
Photo from @sjnceltics
SJN Key Club Members at the Naples Half Marathon

On January 14th, 2024 the Saint John Neumann Key Club teamed up with Community School of Naples to work one of the water stations for the Naples Half Marathon. The race began at 7 a.m., yet Key Club members headed to downtown Naples at 6 a.m. to set and fill up hundreds of cups of water and Gatorade for the runners. As the competitors ran by, generous students held out cups for them to quickly grab. Students also cheered the runners on with motivating words of encouragement and inspiring posters.

It was a special event, especially to see four of Neumann’s own, Sister Julianna, Sister Nicole, Mr. Armor, and Coach Ali competing in the race. The Naples Half Marathon is an amazing event for avid runners and most importantly, all registration funds collected will go towards supporting the Gulf Coast Runners Youth Development and Scholarship fund. The Saint John Neumann Key Club enjoyed helping out with this event, and are looking forward to assisting with upcoming service opportunities.