The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Homecoming: Creating a Night to Remember

A look at some highlights from the homecoming dance
sjn_campusministry instagram
A clip from a video of students dancing.

After a great spirit week with many memorable activities the main event occurred this past Saturday: The Homecoming Dance. This event is one that students have been anticipating for the past few months, and it’s safe to say that it lived up to their expectations. Coach Ward was DJing, and many students expressed how good the music was compared to years past. Most of the music were songs popular right now or recently, with a lot of Pitbul and well-known artists, so they were perfect for the student body. The SLC was completely transformed from a boring cafeteria to the perfect dance floor. The room was covered with a variety of party decorations. There were streamers and balloons everywhere, and a make-shift dance floor. The stage was also decorated with Coach Ward’s, DJ stations and other decorations. 

The theme for this year’s homecoming week was HocoWeen. Each day leading up to the dance there was a different Halloween themed day. Starting off Monday’s theme was Merica Monday. Tuesday was Barbenheimer, Wednesday was Greek vs. Geek, Thursday was Character Day, and Friday was class colors. Many students went all out, really showing their school spirit. Overall it was an action-packed week, each day including school assemblies and activities as well. 

Several students weighed in on their favorite parts of this year’s dance:

What was your favorite song played during the dance? 

“My favorite song was probably ‘Love Story’ by Taylor Swift,” said Catherine Baier. 

What do you prefer, slow or fast dance? 

“I would have to say fast,” also, said Catherine. 

What was the best snack at the dance? 

“The Doritos were probably the best”, said Sophia Escobar. 

Who was best dressed? 

“Definitely Micheal Salvi,” said Wyatt Tesser. 

What was your favorite part of homecoming? 

“Hanging out with friends and dancing was a lot of fun,” said Sophia Escobar. 

Who was the best dressed couple? 

“Probably Luvinston Pierre and Abby Augustine,” said Catherine Baier. Luvi wore a light blue suit and jacket, with a white turtleneck, and Abby wore a light blue dress. 

Who was the best dancer? 

“Surprisingly Mason Wagner had some pretty good dance moves,” said Catherine Baier.