The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Coach Crosby Takes Over Neumann Football

Coach Crosby brings years of experience to our football program.
Coach+Crosby+
Judith Neeld
Coach Crosby

This year the Neumann football program has taken on a new Head Coach, Coach Crosby. Coach Crosby has not only filled the role of Head Football Coach, but also teaches freshman health class. Coach Crosby started his coaching career at the Community School of Naples as a baseball coach. He then moved to football and coached for 12 years. He says, “Every play that Community School ever had in football I was a part of.” 

Coach Crosby moved to Neumann in the spring. He is very impressed with the transition of the team between summer and now. There is a big freshman class and several transfers, but the connection between the players is great. Their motto is, “Right Here, Right Now!” Coach Crosby says this is their motto because he wants the team to focus on what is right in front of them, and deal with what they can at the moment. Coach Crosby not only wants his players to focus on what’s in front of them on the field but also in the classroom. A strongly worded suggestion that he gives to his players is to sit in the front of the class. This is to show the players’ teachers that they are engaged in the class and are there to learn. 

A typical practice starts with a 3:15 team meeting in a classroom. Where they will do an opponent scout review for 20 minutes. They then head to the field for a pre-practice and then jump into practice for the day. Coach Crosby knows they will be competitive. He says that, “One thing that stands out in our group is we have competitive, tough guys and everyone knows Neumann comes to play.” If he was to describe the team in one word it would be competitive. Coach Crosby knows this will be a good season and hopes to see everyone at our first home game on September 1st at 7 pm.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Celtic Times

Your donation will support the student journalists of St. John Neumann Catholic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.