The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Scoop on UCA Cheer Camp

The Cheer team from Saint John Neumann went to UCF for a week over the summer, where they practiced various stunts and even learned some new ones.
The+cheer+team+taking+some+pictures+before+they+start+camp+for+the+day%21+
Jaina barth
The cheer team taking some pictures before they start camp for the day!

We got the inside scoop on what Coach Sanderson thought about this summer’s UCA cheer camp. Here is what she said! 

How do you think the team progressed from before camp to after camp? 

She said she felt like the team gained a lot of confidence and individual skills and learned to trust one another. 

Coach Sanderson also reported that the team initially felt overwhelmed with emotions and were relieved after the performance was finished because they worked hard during practice time to make the performance great 

What was the hardest part about UCA camp? 

She said the hardest part was to maintain focus and drive while simultaneously doing difficult stunts. 

Coach Sanderson had a positive opinion on the outcome of cheer camp. She told us that it was a great bonding and skill-building experience.  She also said that it wasn’t the most advanced camp she has coached but still a good opportunity to push the girls. 

Are you happy with the feedback we received from the UCA amp staff? 

She said that she was very happy with all of the positive things the staff had to say about our team. 

Needless to say, Coach Sanderson is excited to see how this football and basketball season goes!