Judith Neele
Judith Neele

Grandparents take over St. John Neumann

This year’s Grandparents Day was a big success.

Every year St. John Neumann has their annual Grandparents Day, a day where the grandparents of students come to school and attend a mass and lunch with their grandchildren. This year’s Grandparents Day was a big success. The Grandparents showed up around 9:30 am, and waited in the gym until their grandchildren came to meet them. After a short meet and greet, they head to the courtyard for pictures.
After pictures everyone went to the chapel for mass, where Father Orsi from St. Agnes conducted the service. The homily focused on the fact that our grandparents are icons of our lives, they have so much wisdom and want to see us do good so we should listen to them.
After mass, we head to the SLC to have lunch. Chef Dan made the visitors a delicious pasta and meatball dish. The tables were set up so that the grandparents could meet and get to know each other. The happy faces seen throughout the SLC made it worth all the hard work and time spent decorating and preparing.
Once lunch was over, a slide show of all the students with their grandparents was played on the projector. After the slide show, a big thank you is said to all the grandparents, and those who traveled from out of state were acknowledged. The students took selfies with their grandparents so they can compare the pictures from each year. At the end of the event you have the choice to go home with your grandparents or return to class. Many students chose to go home and spend time with their Grandparents.
Overall Grandparents Day was a success. We thank all the grandparents who show love to the students of St. John Neumann.