The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Saints that Teach us About the Resurrection

Shutterstock.com
In Christianity, Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Saints that Teach us About the Resurrection:

1. St. Mary Magdalene – She was the first witness of Jesus’ empty tomb. She showed an example of faith and trust in our Lord. She’s known as the Apostle to the Apostles. 
  2. St. Peter – He was astounded at the empty tomb. He didn’t hesitate to run to his tomb when he heard the news, showing how excited he was to see Jesus again. He’s the successor of the church, God entrusted the keys to heaven to him. 
  3. St. Paul – Christ appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus. Paul turned his life to Christ after a major conversion. Even though he wasn’t part of the original apostles. God chose Paul to be a witness and to convert others to him.
  4. Doubting Thomas – He said that “Unless I can see the holes that the nails made in his hands and can put my fingers through the holes they made, and unless I can put my hand into his side, I refuse to believe.”  Just like most of us, we sometimes need proof of God’s existence. Thomas is a perfect example of what it’s like to be a human being. 

Easter Treat: Cadbury Creme Easter Cookies

1. Devil’s food cake mix – The cake mix is used for dry ingredients only. It is a chocolate base cake that has cocoa powder, flour, and sugar mixed together. Since we are not wanting a cake-like cookie we are only using the package and making our own cookie recipe with it. 
  2. Eggs – This is a must in most desserts! Eggs are great to add color, texture, and even flavor to the dough. 
  3. Canola oil – Helps add moisture to the cookies and helps keep them chewy and delicious once baked. 
  4. Cadbury mini eggs – It is important to note that Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs are NOT the mini eggs that have the hard candy shell on the outside. These mini eggs are the kind that has foil wrapping and looks just like the original Cadbury Creme Egg. Just smaller. They usually come in a plastic carton of 12. So for this recipe, you will just need 2 of those cartons.
  5. Mix together – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a stand mixer or a large bowl and cream the cake mix, eggs, and oil until the cookie dough is consistent.
  6. Cookie scoop – Take a small amount of dough and form a ball around each Mini Cadbury Creme Egg. Be sure to only use just enough dough to cover the chocolate egg. 
  7. Bake – Place each stuffed cookie dough ball onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes. 
  8. Cool – Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to allow the cookies to cool slightly before serving. Tastes best when served warm!