The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Beyond the Menu: Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A’s past to now
    Chick-fil-A+building
    Alamy
    Chick-fil-A building

Chick-fil-A is one of America’s favorite fast food restaurants. The chain was founded by S. Truett Cathy in 1946. Cathy saw some of their customers taking the rolls and chicken meat and making them into sandwiches, this motivated and inspired Cathy to open the restaurant. In 1982 Chick-fil-A had opened up almost 255 locations around the United States which resulted in the corporation’s bank account being heavily drained.  To solve this issue, the company created their purpose statement which had a huge impact on customers. The customers saw that the company had a reason of running this restaurant and it was not only for the benefit of the business, but also the people. The company took a big turn in 2012 when their sales almost doubled leading Chick-fil-A to be more than successful.

Chick-fil-A has several advantages that led to their success. They are especially known for their high quality food that is served freshly due to their strict ingredient system. They have excellent customer service that always has diners leaving with satisfaction and a smile on their face. Their environment is very clean and well-maintained by staff. Chick-fil-A has great consistency with their customer service and their food which contributes to customer loyalty and satisfaction. New menu items are always offered, particularly around the different seasons, which always keeps customers interested. The menu features chicken sandwiches as being their main item, as well as their delicious milkshakes which customers love. Chick-fil-A is also a Christian based company. They take pride in their Christianity and are not open on Sundays because it is a day of rest. Overall, Chick-fil-A is a great fast food restaurant to dine at.