The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Hit or Miss: Headbands

Image from Pinterest.com

History

Headbands have been worn for many purposes for a very long time. They date back to prehistoric times, when they were employed for a variety of purposes by different societies. For example, athletes in ancient Greece used leather bands wrapped around their foreheads as a kind of sweatband. Over the ages, headbands have become more and more popular in a variety of ways as they have adapted to cultural norms and fashion trends. Headbands gained popularity in the 1960s and 1970s, when the hippie movement frequently wore them as part of their free-spirited wardrobe.

Hit or Miss

So, are headbands a hit or a miss?Headbands are for sure a hit, when worn correctly. Using vintage styled headbands is very fashionable. Sometimes when wearing a boring outfit, a good pop of color from a headband can spice it up. Headbands are two for one: stylish and useful. They look cute while holding your hair back. There are so many types of headbands, but Personally, my favorite are the athletic ones are solid colors. They can spice up the most casual outfits. Headbands have remained a popular and adaptable item in recent years, appearing in anything from stylish hair accessories to sports sweatbands. They are worn for practical as well as decorative reasons, reflecting the changing tastes and fashions of many communities.

Where to buy or get inspiration

• Target
  • Etsy
  • Amazon
  • Pinterest