The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

SJN Students Give Quarter Feedback

The end of a school quarter is usually a hectic and tiring time during the year. It’s imperative to do your best and maintain good grades. It’s also a great time to remember all the fun we’ve had during the quarter and the school year as a whole. After interviewing a few students, they gave their responses regarding their favorite parts of this quarter, why they love the school, and what they found challenging about it.

Extracurriculars

When asked what extracurriculars they are in, Thomas Lund responded, “Everything except for Spanish Club.” 

Beata Blood responded,  Yes, I’m in Spanish Club, Key Club and House Council.” Blood added onto this and saying, “I enjoy being a part of all of my extracurriculars. My favorite part is probably the leadership experience that each club provides me. I know that the ability to lead will greatly benefit me in the future, so I’m glad I’m getting that experience now.”

Raine Waverka said that she’s in “Swimming, Art Club, and Key Club”. 

Most Enjoyable

When asked what club Blood enjoyed the most, she said, “My favorite club is probably Spanish Club because I have the opportunity to learn a new culture and language while also helping host exciting events that add to the playground aspect of Saint John Neumann.” When asked what her favorite memory has been this year she said, “making friends has been the highlight of my year…I think my favorite memory so far is homecoming week because I quite enjoyed dressing up, seeing everyone in their costumes, and taking part in all of the fun activities.”

Biggest Challenge

When Hannah Ramundo was asked what her hardest challenge has been this quarter she said, “ My hardest challenge was balancing my work load with clubs and sports. I needed  to find the balance so I wasn’t drowning in my 

school work. Also getting sleep.” She added in to what her peers were saying about clubs and replied, “I am a in a couple extracurriculars which include key club, house council, national honor society, model UN, swimming, and softball.” She said that her favorite teacher is Mrs. Han because Mrs. Han teaches math in a way I she understand and she’s a cool person. She finished off by saying that her favorite subject is  “math because it’s so satisfying when the topic clicks,” and that her favorite part of school has been the assemblies.

Favorite Teacher

When asked who their favorite teacher was, Lund and Waverka both replied with,“Mr. C.” Waverka said that her favorite subject is math, and Lund’s favorite subject is Physics. This quarter has been a hectic but also an enjoyable time of year, and hopefully the student body will continue to make enjoyable memories with one another to make the rest of the year as memorable.