The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

SJN Boys Show off their Cheer Skills for Homecoming!

SJN Annual Powderpuff Cheer Competition! Who Will Come out on Top?
Seniors+after+their+Amazing+performance%21+
Elle Moran
Seniors after their Amazing performance!

I interviewed a coach from each class and asked them how they think their class’s routine went. 

Freshman Cheer Coach, Alexa Ribellino comments that the boys did well with it being their first time doing this sort of activity. She is very proud of the effort they put in during practices and performances. The freshman danced to the song “Ridin” by Chamillionare. Since the freshmen are new to this competition, they were very shy and didn’t know what to do.

Sophomore Coach, Kateri, loves that the boys were so excited about doing the performance. She was also very happy that she saw the boys have such a fun time learning new things like stunting and dancing. The sophomores danced to a mashup of popular pop songs by various artists. The sophomores worked very hard at practice, and even though they had some setbacks during the actual performance, they did really well hitting their routine. They pulled some intense fills and stunts which made for an exciting performance. Even though sophomores had some setbacks in terms of judging, they are ready to bring the heat next year for  Junior year. 

Junior Coach, Ana, loves that the boys were so committed at practice and even during the actual performance, and plan on bringing their “A” game next year for their senior year. 

Lastly, the senior coaches are very impressed with how determined the guys were in practice. The boys had a lot of fun performing, and are very happy to be taking home the win, which makes seniors the reigning champs. The seniors made  sure that they made their mark by running through a banner and used confetti poppers at the end of their amazing performance. The Seniors used many popular songs to create a wonderful and fun performance!