The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Busby Shares on Tennis Journey

Sarah Busby enjoying the court after a game.

Sports are held in high regard at St. John Neumann Catholic High School. The tennis season can be a competitive time for students on the team. Sarah Busby spoke about what it’s like during the season.

When asked what her pregame routine is, Busby replied,”I like to blast music through my airpods.” Busby then went on to say, “Before games it could go either way. Sometimes teammates will be sleeping on the bus, other times we get hyped up.” When asked whether she likes playing singles or doubles she said, “singles because then you can make your opponent run more and it’s fun.” She said that the teammate that has the most potential is, “my doubles partner, Gabby Norren, because she’s always a good challenge and a good sport.” 

Busby on her greatest strength: “My greatest strength is probably my serve and my greatest weakness is myself because I like to get in my head a lot.”

She said that she became interested in playing tennis at 6 or 7 years old, and that the reason she became interested in playing tennis was because her brother was playing when we first moved here and it just interested her in starting. She added on to this by saying that her role model is her coach because it’s her dad and she looks up to him naturally. Busby has this to say about her coach: “He did really well in college and I want to play in college like he did.”

When asked what the best piece of advice she gained from her coaches was, Busby replied, “The best piece of advice would be after every point you can’t change what’s happened, so it’s best to just move on.”