The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Student Shares Importance of Family Medalion

JJ’s medallion tells a story of his love for his family.
Mrs. Gonzalez

Jeremiah Joseph, or JJ is a senior here at St. John Neumann. JJ is a recent transfer from Riverdale HS and plays running back and linebacker for the football team. He says he enjoys Neumann and has made many new friends. His favorite class is English with Mrs. Gonzalez. JJ wears a pendant around his neck with a picture of him, his 2 brothers, and his Grandma. JJ wears this all day every day the only time he removes it is for a football game. JJ and his brothers are very close and he loves them very much. His grandmother is a very important part of his life and helped him become the person he is today. His grandma prays for him daily and he knows that whenever he is wearing it she and God are watching over him. JJ says, “If they’re not good I’m not good, if they’re not okay I’m not okay.” JJ plans to get another one and put his mom in it, the pendants will overlap each other and show everyone the very special people in his life.