The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

House Retreat of 2023

Each house competes for a head start with winning the Bosco Cup.
Sister Pat and Sister Nicole at the House Retreat
Judith Neeld

This year’s house retreat was a success! The house program is based off the Salesian Oratory. The house retreat consists of 4 houses, Mazzarello, Devereux, Raley, and De Sales. Two of the house captains Megan Ayan and Sophia Van Wyk were interviewed.

How was this year’s house retreat different from the other years?

This year’s house retreat is different from the other years. The house retreat of 2023 fostered a sense of blending and bonding among the school community, it was also more laid back and allowed people to have fun.

How did the House Retreat help each house bond?

Friendly bonding was allowing friendly competition and allowing everyone to put 100% of their effort into the activities giving encouragement and the ability to get to know different people.

What is the best strategy to winning house points?

A strategy to winning the most house points is to be consistent with having a solid participation and doing activities that will get you points and always wearing your house polos on Tuesdays. Also planning with your home room, giving your own ideas and suggestions and being involved and contributing effort will make a world difference.

What house do you feel like had the strongest start?

Each house had a strong start considering it is a competition. They had excellent bonding time with an amazing welcome and an outstanding amount of energy and encouragement throughout the day. Each house is confident they will win the Bosco Cup this year!