The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Ariana Petrovic: An Insight on the Golf Team

Camilla Corderno
Ariana at the Aubrey Rodgers Match

Ariana Petrovic is a junior at St. John Neumann and the captain of the Girls Golf team. She loves being the team captain, and she has been on the team since freshman year. Petrovic has been playing golf her whole life, she says her parents had her playing since she was around 3 years old. She can’t wait for the rest of the season as well as next year with the golf team. She shares some of her insights on the team.

How would you describe the golf team?

Petrovic describes the golf team as very supportive, and close. She also says the girls on the team are very nice and they always have fun together.

What is your typical score for 18 holes?

She says she usually shoots 85, although Petrovics’ best score has been 79. 

Do you see golf in your future?

Petrovic says she hopes to see golf in her future, and that she most likely will if everything works out. 

How do you think Neumann will do this season? 

She says that if the team continues with the effort that they’ve been putting in, then things look pretty good. 

How do you prepare for a match?

Petrovic explains that when they have an away match and take the bus, they usually have team bonding on the way to the course. The team also eats snacks, and listens to the team playlist.