The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Love, Heartbreak, and Patriotism: Zach Bryan

Zach Bryan is an American country singer and songwriter who gained fame in 2017 by uploading his music onto YouTube. He is known for creating more traditional country music that is often melancholy and focused on heartbreak. Zach Bryan is one of the few country artists who stay true to the original genre.

At 17, Zach Bryan joined the Navy and served for 7 years. After leaving the Navy, he began recording music with his friends using his iPhone and uploading the songs to YouTube. His first song that gained attention was “Heading South,” which is about a boy living in a critical small town and dreaming of something different. When asked about the song, Bryan said it was related to the frustrations and hardships he faced while in the Navy.

His first album, “DeAnn,” was dedicated to his late mother. His next album, “Elisabeth,” released in 2020, was about his ex-wife, most of the songs on the album being about her. His next album, “American Heartbreak,” was the most successful out of the three, winning him the top 200 and top rock album of the year in 2022. His newest album, “Zach Bryan,” came out in August 2023. Currently, his most popular song is “I Remember Everything,” featuring Casey Musgraves. Bryan plans to release a new album at the end of 2024.