The Student News Site of St. John Neumann Catholic High School

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

The Celtic Times

Dominico on Neumann

Dominico is an Italian immigrant that came here a couple months back. He lives in Marco Island lives with his uncle.
Dominico does not remember

What is street night like in Italy?

It depends on the city. You go to clubs, to just dance or, you can go to a restaurant

What do Italians take pride in when it comes to italy?

Italians love Italian food, Italian beaches, or Italian people or at least 90% of all Italian things except for politics and organization.

How different is America from Italy in your experience?

It’s different in a lot of things like usual life style , usual time to get up to sleep, usual hobbies, all kind of stuff. Like in USA you try to get a life style that’s healthy with a lot of money. In Italy you just try to stay good. You try to have fun and enjoy your life.

Do you miss Italian cuisine?

Yes every single minute of my life.

How do you feel about American salami?

That’s not real salami, I came from a little city in Italy where salami is our best food. Each family had thierown salami, so I usually never take salami here.

Do you follow American sports?

No, I only follow Italian soccer.

Why did you choose Nuemann?

I choose Nuemann because I heard from my uncle that has been here, that it pretty cool with a lot of organization and a lot of caring for us (students) I thought this could be good

What is your favorite part about America?

For sure the mentality of being a citizen. Everybody knows they’re a citizen of the city. Everybody needs to help. Like if someone needs help, you help.

The sense of community?

Yeah

How different are the schools in Italy?

It’s completely the mode of each school. Like in Italy you didn’t have different classes, you just hav one class and each teacher rotates between classes. So what happens you’re not gonna meet every person in the school . Like here you meet a lot of people between classes but in Italy you make a great great bond with your classmates because you spend 6 hours a day with them. Also the teachers in Italy treat students an adults then here.

How do you like America?

8/10