Neumann Students Showed out for Homecoming Spirit Week

The Neumann High School students had lots of fun dressing up for Spirit week.

Homecoming week for St. John Neumann was a success. The week stayed alive with daily themed dress up days. Monday was ‘Merica Day, Tuesday, was Barbenheimer, Wednesday was Geek Vs. Greek, Thursday was character day, and Friday was class color day.

For Monday, everyone showed up in their most patriotic outfits. Many students wore American flags and an assortment of cowboy hats. Some of the best costumes were worn by Asha Dickerson who made her own red, white, and blue pants, and Kaleigh Kouloheras who wore a dress that turned into an American flag. 

Tuesday, pink clothes took over St. John Neumann as the student body overwhelmingly chose Barbie. Oppenheimer was greatly outnumbered by the “Kenough” hoodies and pink Barbie jumpsuits. Doc Noonan and Hannah Ramundo twinned as the original Barbie from the movie. 

Wednesday, geek vs. Greek formed a battle between the nerds and the frat boys. Many students came in wearing college quarter zips and Sperrys. 

On Thursday, character day, some were lost, but some showed up in elaborate costumes, like LC Hanypsiak, who came in a full Grinch bodysuit. 

Finally, for Friday, class color day, every class showed up in their assigned color. This is the day that the students have prepared for all week. Many students wore tutus, bandanas, hats, and face paint. 

Friday lunch was an all-school lunch, and was followed by powder puff cheer and a pep rally. The seniors won powder puff cheer with their great performance. Friday night Neumann football competed against Windermere Prep. The game was close, but Neumann came out on top for their last football game. The week culminated with the Saturday night Homecoming dance. Students dressed up and danced the night away. Overall homecoming week was a huge success.